Drafted by Rev. Kiran J. Chakma, BSS, M.Div on behalf of the drafting committee
1. Mr. Krishna Chandra.
2. Pst. Lalbiaka.
3. Mr. Sabyasachi Chakma.
4. Mr. Sanjeev Chakma.
(To be presented before the Chakma Christian delegates during the time of the Global Chakma Christian Fellowship gathering 2018, for approval and implementation).
Memorandum of association of Global Chakma Christian Fellowship
Section-1. NĀNG: Ei Sangstābuore Global Chakma Christian Fellowship ār bādi gori siber nāngān “GCCF” hoi jeba.
Motto: “Unity in Christ” Chāngmādi “Kristo iot Egotā” (Git. 133:1)
GCCF -bor Udisyogānar Hadāgān: Āmāhr jibanar udisyogān ahlade Gojenare mohimā garānā ār godā chāngmā jāda idu Tār rejyogānor sangskriti(culture) bārānā, ār tār mane haide dhage tāreh tabanā garānā, Tār doye, hospānā ār egotāgāndoi eksamāre dāngar ahnā, ār gam habarān napeye chāngmā ār onyo jāttuno idu umora ājhāgān ār shāntiān āni denā. Jehono mollyo dinei āhji jeyonde sigunore togānā ār tārāhre tārāhr bāneyebuo Gojena idu phirei āhnānā.
Section-2. REGISTERED OFFICE: Āmāhr Sangstābuor register gossye offijor ar headquarters thigenāgān ahlade Happy Valley, Behind Mizo School, Shillong-793007, Meghalaya, India. Ei sangstabuor branch office ahlade Kamalanagar, Chakma Autonomous District Council,Lawngtlai, Mizoram, India.
Section-3. Hām Goribār Bām: Bega ākke Mizorām, hintu bhobisyode jādar bhāledi hadā chinte gorinei GCCF-bor gam habar prachār ār jāt bhāledi sebonā hāmāni Tripurā, Āssām, Arunāchal Pradesh ār hāihure deschānit Bānglādesh, Māyānmārot, jidu soisāgar Chāngmā bojotti gattan , siguno idu garā ahba.
Section-4 Ājal Udisyoāni: GCCF-uo ahlade jadepade gori ekkuo a-rājanitik, dharmio ār sāmājik sangstā. GCCF-bor ājal udisyogān ahlade pittimir bek chāngmā kristānundoi suk-dukkāni pārjhār garānā. GCCF-bor ājal udisyoāni ahlade ienei:
Udisyo ār Lokkyoāni
- GCCF-uo ahlade jadepade gori ekkuo a-rājanitik, dharmio ār sāmājik sangstā. GCCF-bor ājal udisyogān ahlade pittimir bek chāngmā kristānundoi suk-dukkāni pārjhār garānā.
- Chāngmā jāttuo ār onnyo jāttuno iduyo Jisu Kristor Gam Habarān artha ār samparka āghe bili degānā.
- Tale pori āghande chāngmā kristānunore tengā-poijedi ār āptār hittedi daramara garānā. Tārāhre bhāled goribettei nānān bābadar hāligori hām, jantra chālaide hām, jen: bunohādā, chās-bāj, computer sikkye, dharmio sikkye denā.
- Bekār somossye dur goribāttei sorkāro sāhjyo lonei nānākkān hām āhdot nejānā.
- Jehono jādar bhāledottei mānjyor mangalattei ghar, tabanā ghar, themmāng sabhā bēnei denā.
- Mānjyore nitibān ār āptār hittedi bhāled goribāttei sahaje buji pārede tabanā sikkye boi chābenei prochār garānā.
- Gorib ār abhābiunore tengā-poijedi bal dinei bhāled goribāttei gorib sātragunore medhābitti denā.
- .Gorippunore asugot chigissye gatte bal denā.
- Sangsāror durdinot, jen bhādarāt, āgun, bāne hoti gossye mānussunore relief dinei sāhjyo garānā.
- Dharmio ār sāmājik hittedi mānussunore sojāk garānā.
- Gorib, uboisārā, rānimile ār bāp-mā neyegunore sāhjyo denā.
- Chāngmā sangskriti unjal goribāttei, jen jādar ussab-parappun, jādar pojākkāni ār hārāni bājei rāgebāttei uschoni tuli denā ār sieni tigei rāgebāttei bebostā gorih denā.
- Mondoliunor ār Sangstābuor hāmāni chālei nibāttei dorkāri mojim tengā tulonā.
- Samai mojim sangstābuottun membār bājoni gorinei survey, thik hono bepāre porāsuno goribāttei tengā-poijeloi bal dinei gunor lākkye netā bānānā.
- Mānjyor gyenāni bārei pāran pārāh seminār, miloniholā ār netātulibār sikkyemulok miloni sabhā bebostā gori denā.
- Mānjyor bhāledattei samāj unnoti garede project āhdat nejānā.
- Janaganar manggalattei dāru dogān bāh clinic huli denā.
Section-5. Ājal Hāmāni Bal Dibār Udisyoāni:
Ājal udisyoāni poripunno goribāttei GCCF-puo āra taledi udisyoāni thik gossye:
- GCCFbor āhdat loye ājal hāmāni poripunyo goribāttei dān, dokkine, tengā bāh sompotti ohk, lāre pāssye bāh lāre napāssye sompotti jen jāgā, pākkā ghar, poju upohār ihjebe lo pāribuo.
- Sangstābuor udisyo ār lokkyoāni poripunyo goribāttei Sangstābuor nānge jāgā juronā bāh pākkā ghar bānānā.
- Jāgoroni sabhā, legālegi protijogitā, symposiums ār sikkyemulok miloni sabhā jukkol gori dinei sikkyer dhāp, sangskriti ār onyo sāmājik hāmat mānussunore ussoni tuli denā.
- To create a sense of Christian brotherhood, co-operation, mutual harmony, love and affection amongst the members of the Chakma Christian community and also amongst the general people.
- Mondolir bhidire bāh onyo sāmājik sangstār bhidire chāngmā sangskriti hāmat lāgenei dhori rāgānā.
- Ei Sangstābuor tale jedakkāni dharmio protistān āghe, sienir bhidire tabanā goriber bāidyo jantra ihjebe chāngmā bāidyo jantra bebohār gorinei āptār poribes siristi garānā.
- Sangstābuor Emxecutive Comitteeye thik garede dhage samai mojim chāgmā sangskritit āghede ussob-parba, ār kristānar dharmio onustān jukkol garānā.
- Sangstābuor chādid tale āghede mandoligunor dhāge dhāge āra soisāgar chāngmā nij bhāmo mondoli tulonā.
- Sangstābuor udisyo lokkyoāni poripunno goribāttei, dorkāri mojim sangstābuor sompotti, bāh pākkā ghar bijinei, radbadal bāh bandak dinei ahleyo bebostā garānā.
- Chāngmā rājniti netāgunor ār sorkāri harmachārigunor modhye hono dharanar somosye deghā dile, sien mimāngsā gori dibāttei samai mojim miloni sabhā, simināror bebostā gorānā.
- Gābusssyeunore trainigor bebostā gori dinei, gam guide line dinei chāgorir bebostā gori denā.
- Chāngmā jādattun Hāmmuo ār Phalabān kristān netā tulonā.
- Sangstābuor bek hāmāni 'Lāb-sārā' ār 'Lāb sārā- Gunoār Napussye' niti ugure bhar dinei cholibuo.
- "Global Chakma Christian Fellowshibor bek āiāni, hāmeye dhanāni, lārei pāssye bāh lārei napāssye sompottiāni ekmātra siber udisyo ār lokkyoāni poripunnyo goribāttei hāmat lāgā ahba.
- Sangstābuor membār ihjebe, hono membāre tār nijor lābattei sangstār joreye lārei pāssye bāh lārei napāssye hono sompotti dābi gori na pāribuo.”
The Faith Covenant of the Global Chakma Christian Fellowship (GCCF) Having been led by the Holy Spirit of God to receive the Lord Jesus Christ as our personal Savior, and on the public confession of our faith, having been baptized by immersion in water in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, we do now, in the presence of the Living God and this Assembly, most solemnly and joyfully enter into this Covenant with one another as one body in Christ.
We engage therefore, by the help of the Holy Spirit,
- To emerge as an Association and identify ourselves as Chakma Christians and uphold Chakma Culture and maintain this identity as a whole,
- To be self-supporting, self-governing, self-propagating, and self-developing the Chakma Christian Churches and its Association shall be autonomous,
- To strive for the advancement of our Global Chakma Christian Fellowship in knowledge, holiness and comfort,
- To walk together in Christian love,
- To promote its prosperity and spirituality,
- To follow democratic rule in which majority shall prevail,
- To solve the Internal Church Disputes, and no case shall be placed before any civil courts (I Cor. 6:1-11),
- To attain its services regularly,
- To sustain its worship, ordinances, disciplines and doctrines,
- To give it a sacred pre-eminence,
- To give faithfully of our time and talents in its activities,
To contribute cheerfully and regularly our tithes and offerings as God has prospered us, for the support of the ministry, the expenses of the Churches and its Offices, and the spread of the gospel throughout all our Chakma and all other nations,
- To keep our own Culture and side by side Christianize all the Chakma Traditional Practices, Rites and Rituals as necessary and deem fit for the Chakma Christians,
- To dedicate our children and to bring up and train them according to the word of God,
- To seek salvation of our kindred and acquaintances,
- To be just in our dealings, faithful in our engagements, and exemplary in our conducts and behavior,
- To abstain from all forms of activities, including the sale and use of intoxicating alcohol, which dishonor our Lord Jesus Christ and His Church, cause stumbling to a fellow believer or hinder the winning of a soul to Christ,
- To be zealous in our efforts to advance the cause of Christ, and to give Him importance in all things,
- To pray for one another, and to cultivate Christian behavior and sympathy in feeling and courtesy in our speech, to be slow to take offense, but always ready for reconciliation, remembering the rules of our Savior and Master,
- All Records, Correspondences, etc., of the Chakma Churches or of its Association shall be written either in Chakma or in English,
- As early as possible the GCCF shall have affiliation from world mission or any other mission agency and shall work with it by signing agreement of Memorandum of Understanding or, do agreement to work together in the spirit of mutual trust, Christian love and respect, and recognition of our respective autonomy, and uphold our Culture and tradition,
- The Sunday School textbooks and other literature shall be in Chakma language.
(PART – THREE)
Section-1. MEMBERSHIP: The Global Chakma Christian Fellowship shall be composed of Chakma Christian Churches whose members profess to be saved by grace through faith and who have been baptized following their confession of faith in Christ, by single immersion or sprinkle in water in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
The membership of the Global Chakma Christian Fellowship is open to all Chakma Christian church and to any Chakma Christian Church which is willing to be sheltered under the umbrella of GCCF and willing to become partnership member, and fulfils the terms and conditions of this Association as per its Constitution, but the subject to the approval of the Executive Committee of the Global Chakma Christian Fellowship shall prevail.
- Any born again Chakma Christian believers male or female of adult age.
- A chakma Christian who is not involved in anti-state activities.
- A Chakma Christian mentally not sound or suffering from unrecoverable chronic diseases.
- An individual from Chakma Christian community who is not sentenced to imprisonment on serious crime.
- Classification of membership: GCCF membership shall be classified into five types:
- Patronizing member: The person who will extend indirect help and assistance for the welfare of the organization shall be awarded as the patronizing membership. Any kind hearted man or woman from other community or any foreigner who support GCCF in various ways shall be the members of this category.
- Donor member: An individual, who will donate in cash or kind for once or frequently to strengthen the GCCF Fund, shall be regarded as the donor member. The donor member shall not enjoy the voting right.
- Life member: Generous and benevolent person among the Chakma Christian community, who pays Rs.5000/- in cash or kind in equal amount or more than that said amount, shall be awarded as the life member. The life member shall deserve the right to elect or to be elected . But his/her membership shall be subject to cancellation on the ground of being involved in anti-organizational activities, which shall be determined by the general body.
- Admission and Subscription:
The Admission fee and the Subscription shall be fixed and revised by the Executive Committee of the Global Chakma Christian Fellowship from time to time if and when necessary.
- Termination and cessation of Membership:
The Executive Committee of the Global Chakma Christian Fellowship shall have powers to expel/terminate member/members from the membership of the Global Chakma Christian Fellowship on the following grounds:
- Any member church may withdraw from the Fellowship at any time, for any reason, by writing to the General Body through the E.C
- Dissolution of the member church,
- on written resignation,
- if found guilty by means of anti-propaganda of the aims and objectives of the Global Chakma Christian Fellowship,
- if disregards the rules and regulations, or disobey the decisions of its Executive Committee.
- Rights and Privileges of the Member Churches:
All and every Member Church of the Global Chakma Christian Fellowship shall be entitled to participate in meetings, functions and other lawful gatherings if and when called by the Association. They shall have every right to know the Financial Managements, its transparency and other activities of the Global Chakma Christian Fellowship.
- Duties/Responsibilities of the Member Churches:
All and every member of the Global Chakma Christian Fellowship shall morally be duty-bound towards it and shall,
- pray honestly and sincerely for it,
- attend its functions regularly,
- give the necessary information to the Association, pertaining to any matter which is necessary to be known by it,
- elect its Executive Committee Members and Office-Bearers,
Rules and Regulations of GCCF
Section-1 : OFFICERS OF THE FELLOWSHIP:
- The Honorary Officer: The honorary officers of the GCCF shall be a President and Vice-President.
- The Administrative Officer: The Administrative officer of the GCCF shall be the General Secretary- cum Treasurer.
- QUALIFICATION, DUTIES AND TERMS OF HONORARY OFFICERS:
- The President shall be a mature Christian with sufficient knowledge of the GCCF to carry out his duties effectively;
- He must be a member in good standing of a chakma local church;
- He shall be the chairman of both the Annual General Meeting and Executive Committee Meeting;
- He shall prepare annual report concerning affairs of the Fellowship;
- He shall be available to tour the fellowshipping churches during his term of office as and when needed.
- Vice- President:
- The Vice-President shall be a mature Christian with sufficient knowledge of the GCCF to carry out his duties effectively;
- He must be a member in good standing of a chakma local fellowshipping Church of GCCF;
- In absence of the President, the Vice-President shall perform the duties of the President.
- Term of Offices: The terms of offices for Honorary Officers shall be one year, from Annual General Meetings to next Annual General Meeting, and they shall be eligible for no more than two consecutive terms of office, they shall be eligible for re-election to the above office after a gap of at least one year.
- OUALIFICATION, DUTIES, POWERS AND TERMS OF THE ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
- He shall be a mature Christian with sufficient knowledge of the GCCF to carry out his duties effectively;
- He shall be a member in good standing of a Chakma local fellowshipping Church of GCCF.
- He shall be one who is theologically well trained and has good biblical knowledge and maintain a good Christian life in his family and in the society.
- DUTIES AND POWERS:
- He shall diligently attend to the day today management and administrative of the GCCF;
- He shall maintain Membership Roll of the Fellowshipping Churches and Current list of Officers and Executive Committee members.
- He shall maintain in a permanent form of minutes of the Annual General and Executive Committee Meetings.
- He shall be responsible for General correspondence and maintain files.
- He shall circulate all the decisions, and resolution to the respective persons and member churches.
- He shall serve notice for all meetings.
- He shall prepare the agenda of each business sessions of the Annual General and the Executive Committee meeting.
- He shall be responsible for filling all return documents to the Registrar of Societies, Deputy Minister of Home Affairs, New Delhi; Income Tax authority and comply with all requirements of the Act and other applicable rules for the times being in force.
- He shall take care of all documents and records of the Fellowship;
- He shall be responsible to supervise the operation of GCCF and it’s workers.
- He shall be responsible to maintain proper books of accounts and get audited by Chartered accountants. He is responsible for the general finance of the Fellowship.
- He shall be responsible for all sales and purchases of goods as directed by the Executive Committee.
- He shall be responsible for all Assets and liabilities of the Fellowship;
- He shall be an Ex-Officio member of all meeting and Sub-committee without voting rights.
- He shall carry out all other duties, particularly to his office and such other matter as may be directed by the Executive Committee;
- He shall act for and on behalf of the Executive Committee in all matters referred to him.
- He shall be responsible to the Executive Committee.
- Terms of Services:
- After the completion of one year of Probation, he may be confirmed as a permanent Employee of the Fellowship.
- His service may be terminated or get retired under the following conditions:
- Upon his resignation,
- By the action of the Executive Committee.
- ELECTED ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER:
- In case of non-availability of a full-time General Secretary, the general body shall elect a General Secretary.
- The term of elected General Secretary shall be up to two years. He shall be eligible for re-election for not more than two consecutive terms, after which he shall be eligible for re-election after a gap of at least one year.
- The President, Vice-President shall not hold the office of the General Secretary. However they may hold the position of the General Secretary until the next AGM meeting, in case the post of General Secretary becomes vacant during the year.
Section-2: MISSIONARIES(Church Planters):
- He must be a born again believer and has biblical knowledge and a active member of a Chakma local Church.
- He shall maintain a high standard of Christian Character and be ethical in his personal life and business dealing.
- He must be sure of the call of God to the ministry.
- He must signify his desire in writing to the Executive committee through the General Secretary.
- He shall be appointed by the Executive Committee upon the recommendation from his/her own local church where he/she is a member.
- To Preach the Gospel of Christ everywhere as the Lord leads. And his or her special concern will be to plant churches among the Chakma community.
- To teach the God’s word and biblical truth to the new converted believers by conducting Bible classes.
- To visit the Churches to have fellowship, to strengthened the believers, to give spiritual counsel and to give necessary advice as and when need arise.
- To give occasional report to the churches, a quarterly report to the Executive committee through the General Secretary and annual report to the General body of the Fellowship. The Quarterly report shall be circulated to the fellowshipping churches.
- He shall be responsible to the General Secretary of the Fellowship.
- He/She cannot be an employee of any other church or organization whether part or full time.
- After the plants a church, he/she will make an endeavor to make it self-supporting and move out to a new locality, but no later than 7 years. If he/she wants to continue sheepherding of that church, a agreement with the local church for financial arrangement on a prorate basis.
- All monetary gift received by a missionary from any source shall be included in his/her quarterly report.
- Terms of Service:
- He/She shall be appointed by the Executive committee for one year probation period. After the completion of one year, his or her case will be reviewed and may be confirmed to the permanent.
- His/ her service may be terminated by the Executive Committee under the following conditions:
- Upon his or her resignation.
- Under suspension by his or her own church.
- In case of adultery or living a ungodly life.
Section-3: Meetings: ANNUAL GENERAL MEETINGS AND ITS FUNCTION:
The following shall meet once in a year reparably in the month of July to transact the following business as needed:
- To hear the Annual report of the president concerning the activities of the Fellowship;
- To hear the report of General secretary concerning the current Membership Roll and list of officers of the Fellowship;
- To accept any new member church as may be recommended by the Executive committee;
- To accept the combined report of the Church and evangelist;
- To receive, consider and adopt the audited report;
- To approve and review the action of the Executive Committee.
- To accept the resignation of any church, as may be recommendation by the Executive Committee;
- To elect a president, vice-president and members of the Executive committee;
- To appoint any sub-committee and assign their duties;
- To appoint qualifies auditors;
- To consider any matter of importance as referred to the Executive Committee;
- To approve the Education Programs of the Fellowship as may be presented by the Executive Committee;
- To approve the annual budget of the Fellowship;
- To consider and approve any general policy concerning the general operation of the Fellowship as may be recommended by the Executive Committee;
- To refer to the Executive Committee for any unfinished task for their consideration;
- To amend the constitution, rules and regulations and by-laws of the Fellowship;
- To transact any other business arise during the general meeting.
Section-4: EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING: The executive committee Meeting will be held as and when needed and as convened by the General Secretary.
Section-5: EXTRA ORDINARY GENERAL MEETING: An extra ordinary General Meeting may be called at any time by the General secretary with the approval of the Executive Committee, by giving at least 30 days previous notice and starting the purpose for which the meeting is called for.
Section-6: ANNUAL GENERAL CONFERENCE: There will be a general conference every year, preferably in the month of February which may be hosted by a fellowshipping member church locally or at the office of the association for the purpose of spiritual edification and fellowship.
Section-7: VOTING DELEGATES TO THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING: Each member church shall be entitled to send one voting delegate to the Annual General Meeting of the Fellowship.
Section-8: QUALIFICATION OF DELEGATES:
- All delegates must be a mature Christians in good understanding of a Chakma local church under GCCF.
- Any paid employees of the Fellowship shall not be delegated to the Annual General Meeting.
- A delegate must be at least twenty one years of age.
In all the Committees mentioned above the Quorum shall be one-third of its members.
A. AGENDA CONTRIBUTION PROCEDURES:
The Local Churches shall contribute agendas into their respective Circle Executive Committees, and the Circle Executive Committees shall contribute agendas into the Assembly Executive Committee, and the Assembly Executive Committee shall send its agendas to the Assembly for the final decision and approbation.
Agendas may be contributed directly into the Headquarters’ Committees if the same is submitted to the President or, General Secretary of the Global Chakma Christian Fellowship.
Budgets shall be passed in the Assembly of the Global Chakma Christian Fellowship. However, Budget Planning shall be done in the Circle Executive Committees in each Circle respectively. This planning shall be done in consultation of the Office-Bearers of the Headquarters.
C. FUNDS: To carry out the objectives of the Fellowship, funds may be raised through the following means:
- Contribution from Fellowshipping Churches.
- Contributions from concerned praying friends and ministry partners.
- Annual Membership Fees from member churches.
- Faith pledge.
- Collection through special free-will offerings.
- And any other mode as may be determined by the Executive Committee.
Note: The Executive Committee shall be responsible through the Treasurer to collect, control, and spend the funds for the purpose and objects for which the Fellowship has been established.
D. BANK ACCOUNT OPERATION:
The Bank Account of the Fellowship shall be maintained and operated by joint signatures of the General Secretary and the Treasurer. And the Treasurer shall present an audit report at the Annual Meeting.
Section-10. CHARGE DISTRIBUTION
A. General Secretary:
The General Secretary shall be the in charge of the following:
- Relations with other Churches, Agencies, and Governments, etc.,
- Pastoral and Theological affairs,
- Church Growth and Evangelization,
- Community Development Projects and others, etc.
B. Assistant General Secretary:
The Assistant General Secretary shall take the following Charges:
- Sunday School and Christian Education,
- Revival and Evangelism,
The President shall preside over all the Meetings of the Headquarters Committees of the Global Chakma Christian Fellowship, and he shall lead these meetings according to his Official Capacity. He shall have powers to allow inclusion/exclusion of any agenda for the discussion in the meetings. He shall also have right to cast his casting vote in case of a tie.
The Vice-President shall enjoy all the powers of the President in his absence.
1. All the funds of the Association shall remain under the care of the Treasurer.
2. The Treasurer shall receive/disburse money only after due approval and duly sign by the General Secretary and maintain the accounts of all money properly which is received or, paid by him on behalf of the Association.
All the appeals or any case regarding internal disputes of the Chakma Association shall be referred to the Assembly of this Association, and no appeal or, any case regarding internal disputes shall be referred to any Civil Court or, Civil Authority and the decision of the Assembly of the Chakma Association shall be final.
Section-12: AMENDMENTS PROVISION:
This Constitution inclusive of Memorandum and Section rules of Association except “Statement of Faith, may be amended on recommendation of the Executive Committee, at any general meeting or Extra-ordinary general meeting of the Fellowship in compliance with the requirement of section-1, and keeping a good balance with the Societies Registration Act provided as follows:
- At least 30 days of notice be given to Fellowship churches for holding a general meeting for consideration of the proposed changes.
- Submission of the proposal by the Executive Committee to all the member churches of the Fellowship in written or printed form.
- Approval of the proposal by three-fifth members present at the general meeting.
- It may convene another general meeting to confirm the proposed change by three-fifth of members present at the second general meeting.
Section-13: The Confession of Faith Of GCCF
The Global Chakma Christian Fellowship Confession of Faith shall be based on the Apostles’ Creed and the Nicene Creed as follows. It expects the congregation and church leaders to profess the same.
- The Bible:
We believe in the authority and sufficiency of the Holy Bible, consisting of sixty-six books of the Old Testament and the New Testament, as originally written. Both the Old Testament and the New Testament are inspired by God and are thus Living Words. The authors, being directed by the Holy Spirit wrote which they received from God and so the originator is God. The Scriptures are the supreme and final authority in the matter of faith and practices. (2Tim. 3:16; 2Pet. 1:21; Revelation 22:19)
We believe that there is only One true and living God. In God are three persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. They are equal, of same substance, rightly unified, working together on different mission. So there is one and only Living and True God, an infinite Spirit, the Maker and Supreme Ruler of heavens and earth. That He is unchangeable in His being and eternally existent in the persons of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. That He is the only God who provides salvation to men. The main attributes of God are omniscience, omnipotence, omnipresence and perfect holiness. (Gen. 1:1, 17:1, 21:33; Exodus. 15:11; Matt. 16:21, 28:19, 20; Revelation 4:11; I Thess. 1:9; Jonah 2:9; John 11:38-44.)
- The Trinity:
We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons – Father, Son and Holy Spirit. That these three Persons have the same nature, attributes and perfections. (Gen. 1:26; Matt. 28:19)
We believe that Jesus Christ was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, and is true God and true man. That He shed His blood for the sins of all men as a substitutionary sacrifice and that all who believe in Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood. That He arose in the very body glorified, in which He had been crucified. That He ascended bodily into heaven and is seated at the right hand of God as our High priest and advocate. He is the only qualified Saviour for mankind. (John 1:1,3:16,10:10; Luke 1:35,1:26-31; Matt. 1:20, 8:20; Revelation 1:8,18; I Cor.15:3,4; Heb. 4:15; I John 5:20; I Tim. 2:5)
- The Creation and Fall of Man:
We believe that the universe with all that is in it was directly created in the beginning by the supernatural creative power of the Almighty God, and that God created man in His own image; that Adam the first man sinned and therefore fell from his original state of innocence. That in Adam the entire human race came under condemnation and sentence, not only of physical death but also spiritual death which is separation from God. All men became partakers of Adam’s fallen nature and therefore are sinners by nature and by conduct and therefore, all are under just condemnation without defense or excuse. (Gen. 1:26, 27, 2:7, 3:9‑11; Rom.1:18, 32, 3:10, 5:12; Isa. 59:2; Col. 1:16)
- The Virgin Birth of Jesus Christ:
We believe that Jesus was begotten of the Holy Spirit in a miraculous manner, born of Mary, a virgin as no other man was ever born, or can be born of woman, and that He is both Son of God and God the Son, the only Saviour of mankind. (Luke 1:26‑32, 2:11; John 3:16, 10:30; Acts 16:31; Matt. 1:21, 23)
We believe that through faith in the crucified and risen Christ, man is justified and given the position of a child in the family of God; that there is but only one way of salvation and that is by faith in Jesus Christ. And all those who have been born of the Spirit of God will never go to hell.
That Jesus Christ is, in every way qualified to be a suitable, compassionate and an all-sufficient Saviour. We believe that faith in the Lord Jesus Christ is the only condition of salvation. Repentance is a change of mind and purpose towards God, prompted by the Holy Spirit is an integral part of the saving faith. (Acts 16:31; John 3:16; I Cor.15:3, 4, 17; II Cor. 5:18-21; Rom. 10:9; Eph. 2:8; Luke 2:11)
We believe that the fallen angel known as Satan was originally perfect in his ways; that due to pride and rebellion, he fell and drew with him a large number of other angels. That he, together with his angels became ghosts, demons and evil spirits, and is active in opposition to God and His salvation work. That they will be bound for a thousand years at the return of Christ to the earth and that ultimately they will be punished eternally in hell. (Revelation 12:9,13:13,15,16:14,2:10; II Pet. 2:4; Matt. 4:1‑11; II Cor. 4:4)
- The Church:
We believe that a local church is an organized congregation of immersed believers united together upon profession of faith and fellowship of the gospel. The local Church is to purify, edify, occupy itself with prayer and fellowship and endeavor to reach men for Christ. (Acts 15:14, 2:1, 41, 42; Eph. 4:1-12; Matt. 28:19, 20)
- Baptism and the Lord’s Supper:
We believe that Christian baptism is the single immersion of a believer in water to show forth in a solemn and beautiful emblem of our identification with the crucified, buried and risen Saviour, through whom we died to sin and rose to a new life. That baptism is to be performed under the authority of a local church; and that it is the pre-requisite to the privilege of church membership.
We believe that the Lord’s Supper is the commemoration of His death until He comes, and should be preceded always by solemn self-examination. We believe that the Biblical order of the ordinance is, baptism first and then the Lord’s supper; and that participants in the Lord’s supper should be baptized believers. (Rom. 6:3‑5; Acts 2:41, 41; I Cor. 11:23-28; Matt. 3:13-17, 26:26-30, 28:19, 20)
11. The Civil Government:
We believe that the Civil Government is of divine appointment for the interest and good order of human society. And that Officers are to be prayed for, conscientiously honored and obeyed, except in those things opposed to the will of our Lord Jesus Christ who is the only Lord. (Rom. 13:1-7; II Sam. 23:3; Exodus. 18:21-23; Matt. 22:21; Dan. 3:17, 18; I pet. 2:13-17)
12. The Righteous and the Wicked:
We believe that there is a radical and an essential difference between the righteous and the wicked. That only those who are justified by faith in our Lord Jesus Christ and sanctified by the Spirit of our God are truly righteous in His sight, while, all persons who continue in impenitence and unbelief are wicked in His sight and they are under the curse and condemnation. And this distinction holds among men, both in and after death, in the everlasting felicity of the saved, and the everlasting conscious suffering of the lost in the hell fire. (Matt. 25:34-41; Revelation 20:14, 15)
13. The Future Things:
We believe in the personal, pre-tribulation, pre-millennial return of our Lord Jesus Christ. In the resurrection of all those who have died in Him, that He, together with them will reign over Israel and the Gentile nations on the earth during the millennium, after which the wicked dead will be resurrected and judged; that the wicked dead with Satan and his followers will be cast into the hell fire where they will suffer forever. (I Thess. 4:13-17; Revelation 1:7, 3:10, 20:4,5,10-15 ; I Cor. 15:51‑54; John 14:3; Acts 1:11)
14. Grace and the New Birth:
We believe that in order to be saved or get salvation, sinners must be born again or experienced a new birth. That the new birth is a new creation in Jesus Christ; that in the new birth, the one dead in sins is made a partaker of the divine nature and receives an eternal life, the free gift of God. That the new creation is brought about by our Sovereign God in a manner above our understanding, solely by the power of the Holy Spirit in connection with divine truth, so as to secure our voluntary obedience to the gospel. That its proper evidence appears in the results of repentance, faith and newness of life. (Eph. 2:8, 9; John 3:3, 7, 8; II Cor. 5:17; I John 5:1; Acts 16:30, 31)
We believe that justification is that judicious act of God whereby He declares the believers righteous upon the basis of the imputed righteousness of Christ,that is bestowed, not in consideration of any works of righteousness which we have done, but solely by faith in the Redeemer’s shed blood. (Rom. 3:24, 4:5, 5:1, 9; Gal. 2:16; Phil.3:9)
Adoption as children of God is by God’s grace through Christ for those who believe in him. The spirit to be God’s children is kept in our hearts and thereby we are counted among the Family of God. As we are God’s children, we are inheritors with Christ. (Acts 20:32; Rm 8:16-17; I Cor 5:1; Gal 3:29; 4:6-7; I Pet 1:4.)
We believe that sanctification is the divine setting apart of the believer unto God accomplished in a three-fold manner. First, an eternal act of God based upon redemption in Christ establishing or placing the believer in a position of holiness at the moment he/she trusts the Saviour. In a simple language, which we call ‘Positional Sanctification.’ Second, a continuing process in the saint as the Holy Spirit applies the word of God to the life of the believer, which we call ‘Progressive Sanctification.’ Third, the final accomplishment of this process at the Lord’s return, which we call ‘the Ultimate Sanctification.’ (John 17:17; Jude 24, 25)
- The Security of the Saints:
We believe that all who are truly born again are kept by God the Father for Jesus Christ. (John 10:28, 29; Rom. 8:35-39; Jude 1; Revelation 21:3)
- The Second Coming of Jesus Christ:
God will put an end to the present world. On that day, the Lord Jesus Christ in his majesty will come to judge and to deliver his holy ones. The dead will rise from the grave. Every one, the living and the dead will stand before the judgment of God. That judgment is for the classification of the righteous and the sinners. Sinners will then be found in want and condemned eternally. The righteous will be justified and will enter into eternal glory. (Mtt 13:37-49; 25:31-46; Jn 14:2-3; Acts 1:11; 24:15; Rm 14:10-11; I Cor 15:12-58; I Thes 4:13-18; II Thes 1:3-10; Rev 20:4-6.).